Organised by Messe Frankfurt Trade Fairs India Pvt Ltd and Indian Plumbing Association, the third edition of ISH India powered by IPA opened its gates at the Bombay Exhibition Centre in Mumbai today. The three-day fair was inaugurated by Mr Russ Chaney, CEO, International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials, (IAPMO) & MD American National Standard Institute (ANSI), USA and Mr V. Suresh, National Chairman CII Indian Green Building Council together with the industry stakeholders such as:
- Mr Gurmit Singh Arora, National President, Indian Plumbing Association (IPA)
- Mr Michael Dehn, General Manager – Sales & Marketing, Messe Frankfurt Trade Fairs India Pvt Ltd
- Mr C.S. Gupta, Secretary General, Indian Plumbing Association (IPA)
- Mr Gyan Madhani, President, Builders Association of India (BAI)
- Mr Vinay Gupta, Founder & Promoter, Indian Plumbing Skill Council (IPSC)
- Mr BSA Narayan, national Vice President, IPA
- Mr Tom Palkon, Sr. Vice President, IAPMO ( International Association of Plumbing & Mechanical Officials USA)
Talking about the strategic decision of launching the show in Mumbai, Mr Mr Michael Dehn, General Manager – Sales & Marketing, Messe Frankfurt Trade Fairs India Pvt Ltd shared: “With ISH India in Mumbai we are now entering western India, bringing together the construction, real estate, plumbing and sanitary fraternity. Mumbai being a robust market to invest in need-of-the-hour water management solutions, plumbing products and premium quality bathroom fittings, we are confident that this edition will be a perfect platform to source the right materials - fulfilling the demands of the industry.”
Mr Russ Chaney, CEO- International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials (IAPMO) shared, “Energy conservation is a matter of concern for Mumbai. The association together with the industry has created bigger opportunities through technology advancements for safe water leading to a better and disease-free life and we are happy to see product advancements at the 3-day ISH India show in Mumbai”
At the inauguration of the show in Mumbai this morning, the Indian Plumbing Association also announced that it has signed an agreement with IAMPO for launch of "I Save Water” campaign which aims to target saving 100 crore litres of water by the end of 2019 and 500 cr litres by 2020. Mr Gurmit Singh Arora, National President, Indian Plumbing Association (IPA) “Water Scarcity affects 40% people on the planet. Our Water bodies are contaminated. It is thus important to tackle the issue now before it’s too late. For 1.35 billion India’s population we have only 4% of potable water. Migration, Global Warming will lead to water deficiency in India. We have thus launched the ‘I Save Water’ campaign at ISH India 2019 this year to reach out to the consumers. Aerators will be installed in all water fixtures at residential and commercial complexes, airports, railways and hospitals. We will also be using social media campaign for awareness”, He also shared the example of 16 year old girl Ms. Pankhu Bora, present at the ISH India 2019 show who managed to save 12000 litres in 3 years of time.
The future of urban development and smart cities is about front of the wall high-tech automated technologies as well as back of the wall solutions that ensure air quality is pure, water is clean, resources are recycled and most importantly accessible. With Mumbai’s monsoon woes becoming an annual affair in the last decade, the need for improved plumbing and sanitation infrastructure is utmost priority in the city. Highlighting solutions for India’s sanitation infrastructure as well as those suited for re-engineering Mumbai’s sanitation, drainage, plumbing and fittings, the platform showcases need-of-the-hour technologies many of which will be seen for the very first time in the Indian market. Among these include:
- Launch of Hydron and AcquaSpin, a revolutionary global water purification system which treats water with Bio-Signals purifying it to its natural form with no residual side-effects by Aqure-Products Unlimited
- New made-in-India technology that allows behind the wall fittings for Concealed Divertor & Thermostat to easy convert into a thermostatic or vice versa without damaging the walls by Acqua Viva India
- A salt-free alternative to water softeners, Vulcan Anti-Scale System is an eco-friendly water treatment system that protects piping systems and appliances against scale deposits and rust.
- Huliot STP and innovative polypropylene drainage products which is a green product which is energy efficient, free of ozone depleting material & chemical.
- Ecological sanitary products and Water Saving Device by Urimat-Indomax
- Launch of KESSEL - Minilift F lifting station manufactured from polymer for above ground installation, sewage lifting station with single macerating pump for wastewater with raw sewage
- Rajco Pex Pipe & Fittings systems that provide energy-efficient piping alternative for water distribution, radiant floor heating, municipal water supply, geothermal climate control, snow melt and drip irrigation.
To further accelerate the adoption and promotion of these technologies, ISH India powered by IPA has also brought together stakeholders from real estate developers from CREDAI MCHI, builders from Builders Association of India (BAI) and the Brihanmumbai Licensed Plumbers Association (BMPLA) who were visiting the show today. Additionally, a technical seminar is being hosted alongside the trade fair which has brought together technology experts to discuss vital themes. Among the topics on the agenda are the issues of how one can ‘Beware of nickel-poison in potable water systems’, ‘Eco friendly water treatment’, ‘Water saving technologies in bathrooms’ and ‘Green products’.
Market leaders and innovators such Viega India Pvt Ltd, The Supreme Industries Ltd, Cera Sanitaryware Limited, Johnson Bathrooms will allow visitors a first-hand experience of luxury solutions for sanitaryware, plumbing and bathrooms. Also this year, brands like Acquaviva India Pvt Ltd, Arc by Jindal Stainless, Astral Pipes, Bradford White Water Heaters, Finolex Industries Ltd, Huliot Pipes and Fittings Pvt Ltd, Kirloskar Brothers Ltd, Lehry Instrumentation Valves Pvt Ltd, Products Unlimited, Rajco Metal Industries Pvt Ltd will display building and energy technology systems during ISH India powered by IPA.
Architects, design professionals, city planners, and smart city decision makers can explore and experience these solutions live at the ongoing fair until 2 March 2019.
For more details about the global ISH brand, please visit: www.ish.messefrankfurt.com
Background information on Messe Frankfurt
Messe Frankfurt is the world’s largest trade fair, congress and event organiser with its own exhibition grounds. With more than 2,500* employees at 30 locations, the company generates annual sales of around €715* million. Thanks to its far-reaching ties with the relevant sectors and to its international sales network, the Group looks after the business interests of its customers effectively. A comprehensive range of services – both onsite and online – ensures that customers worldwide enjoy consistently high quality and flexibility when planning, organising and running their events. The wide range of services includes renting exhibition grounds, trade fair construction and marketing, personnel and food services. With its headquarters in Frankfurt am Main, the company is owned by the City of Frankfurt (60 percent) and the State of Hesse (40 percent).
For more information, please visit our website at: www.messefrankfurt.com
*preliminary figures 2018